There are many reasons why you might need a dehumidifier for your vehicle. Humid climates, wet clothes or damp exercise gear, and even pets can cause you to search for the best dehumidifier for cars.
All these circumstances can create an excess of moisture inside cars. When condensation has nowhere to escape, it can promote mold and mildew. Cue your allergies! Many people are sensitive to mold and mildew, which could be thriving in a vehicle that contains excess moisture.
Our Top Pick of the Best Dehumidifier for Car:
- Eva Dry Wireless Mini Dehumidifier (Editor’s Choice)
- Pro Breeze Wireless Mini Dehumidifier
- New and Improved Eva-dry E-50 Dehumidifier
- Atemto Charcoal Bag Dehumidifier
- SEAL Products Damp Eater Dehumidifier – UK Only
I have done the hard work for you by researching several popular brands and models for the best choices that are currently available. If you are searching for the best dehumidifier for your car, I listed them here for comparison so you can make your decision easier.
Best Dehumidifier for Cars in 2021
1. Eva Dry Wireless Mini Dehumidifier
This silica gel dehumidifier is the easiest to hang effortlessly in your car and is the best choice overall. It has no power source cords to mess with and contains a renewable and rechargeable moisture absorber. It will last 20 to 30 days, depending on use, before it needs recharging. Effective for small spaces up to 333 cubic feet.
Eco-friendly, this compact dehumidifier works terrific in all areas where moisture can build up, including your car. With its silent operation, you won’t even know it’s there to absorb moisture. Made with non-toxic materials, it is safe for kids and pets. Its slim design can absorb between 4 to 6 ounces of moisture from the air.
- Portable, comes with a built-in hook to hang or place on a surface area
- Rechargeable, easy to plug into an outlet to reset
- Comes with 5-year manufacturer warranty
- Monitor when recharging in a 120-volt electrical outlet, as the unit can become hot to touch
- Can leak from included silicone beads if not charged when needed
2. Pro Breeze Wireless Mini Dehumidifier
This compact moisture absorbing, mini dehumidifier is perfect to set it and leave it, making it very budget-friendly. It is quite portable and does not need electricity or a battery to operate. Adding this Pro Breeze mini dehumidifier with silica gel to the dash of your car can keep your windshield from collecting any distracting condensation. Competitively priced, this unit is worth it.
Can successfully pull 5 ounces of moisture from the air in your car, cutting down the humidity immensely. This unit will only need recharging every 20 to 30 days, depending on use. Designed for areas of 333 square feet and smaller, this mini dehumidifier is perfect for the car.
- Space-saving design for small areas
- Easy to use, place, point, and turn on
- Has 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Moisture indicator can be hard to read
- Beads can pop if plugged in too long when recharging
3. New and Improved Eva-dry E-50
Eva-dry has improved its renewable portable best car dehumidifiers with this one car moisture absorber model, making it the most cost-effective model for coverage. This unit has a new design that can absorb anywhere from 6 to 8 ounces of moisture from the air. Powerful enough to use in spaces of 500 cubic feet, this silica gel dehumidifier is perfect for larger areas like sport utility vehicles with large cargo areas.
Completely silent during operation, you can put this car dehumidifier in overnight and forget it’s there until it needs recharging. It includes a hanging hook for those hard to place spaces. It is well worth the extra money if you need more coverage than the smaller models can cover.
- 10-year life span
- 5-year manufacturer warranty
- Only a small cost more for more area coverage
- Larger beads can take longer to dry out when recharging
- The unit can pop open if dropped or mishandled during use
4. Atemto Charcoal Bag
The Atemto Charcoal Bag is the eco-friendliest care dehumidifier bag option in the market. Made with bamboo charcoals in a linen bag, they are porous enough to absorb moisture naturally. Built-in hook eyelets make it easy to hang them anywhere in your car. This item is fragrance-free, chemical-free, and residue-free, making it safe for children, pets, and everyone else.
One day a month, place the Atemto Charcoal Bag in sunlight for two hours to remove any odors and moisture. By placing these moisture absorbing bags under the seat in your car, you can notice a difference in the air quality and moisture buildup in no time at all.
The linen bag design is perfect to tuck anywhere in your vehicle that you want to hide this dehumidifier.
- Does not need batteries or electricity to use or recharge
- Completely natural and safe
- Extremely portable
- Will last for only 2 years
- May need more than one in larger vehicles
5. SEAL Products Damp Eater – Uk Only
The Seal Products Damp Eater is the most economical dehumidifier product for your car. With a superior design, these compact moisture absorbing bags can absorb 60% of its weight in moisture from the air before it needs drying out. Easy to recharge, pop the bag in the microwave anywhere from 30 seconds to one minute, and it is ready to use again.
Made with the same material used by deep-sea divers, the Seal Products Damp Eater is quite durable. It has a built-in carrying handle for portability, as well as a non-slip design to keep it secure on the dash of your car.
- Removable gel enables quicker drying time
- The indicator clearly shows when it needs to dry out
- Versatile enough to place anywhere in cars
- Monitor time in microwaves, higher watts can be too much for packaging
- May need more than one product for the desired area
The Benefits of Using a Dehumidifier for Your Car
At first, you may not consider a car dehumidifier as a necessity. In reality, these products have shown immense benefits, especially in vehicles. Excess moisture can build up quickly in closed-in spaces like cars, and this can create many problems.
- Have your windows ever fogged up while you were driving through rainy weather?
- Have you noticed a buildup of condensation after your child throws his sports bag in the back of your car?
- Does your car smell like a wet dog for days after you take your beloved pet for an outing?
- Does your car always smell musty inside?
All these situations are an indication of excess moisture in your vehicle.
If you have faced any of these scenarios, then you would benefit from a car dehumidifier:
- Humid climates where you live
- Spilled drinks in the vehicle
- Damp sports equipment
- Drove after exercising or visiting the local gym
An increased amount of moisture inside your vehicle can result in condensation. If this condensation has nowhere to go, it will remain inside your car and cause some significant issues. Condensation is water, and unwanted water will create problems.
If this situation goes on too long without a solution, you will face:
- Musty smells
- Condensation on the windows inside
- Electrical problems
By utilizing a car dehumidifier, you are taking the extra water out of the air that could cause these problems. Eliminate the musty, damp smell that you face every time you get into your vehicle. Fight off any moisture that will build up inside your windows that cause visibility problems with dehumidifiers.
Which Types of Car Dehumidifiers Work Best?
There is a wide variety of dehumidifiers on the market that are well-suited for vehicles. In the end, it will come down to your specific needs and personal preference. When exploring one of the best car dehumidifiers for vehicles, the constant struggle with moisture can mean a reusable dehumidifier will be more cost-effective for you than disposable ones.
Typically, you will find similarities in the types available. They include products that you can recharge in sunlight, ones that will need to plug into an outlet, or items that need to go in the microwave to dry out.
How the dehumidifier works will depend on the contents and what helps absorb the moisture from the air. Many products will contain silica gel beads, some form of absorbing crystals, or activated charcoal. All these items can work great at removing condensation from small areas.
The size and capacity of the dehumidifier will also have an impact on how well it will work in your car. If the product you choose is for small spaces and you have a large open vehicle, you may not notice much of a difference. Individuals in quite humid environments may also find the recharge period will be more frequent than recommendations.
Things to Look for When Choosing a Dehumidifier
Deciding on the best car dehumidifiers can be exhausting. There are so many different options to choose from, and many will seem similar to a competitor brand. In the end, your choice will come down to these essential factors:
- Determine the space you need to cover.
- Highly humid climates will definitely benefit from a dehumidifier.
- Options for products are recharging plug in items and more natural charcoal activator types.
- Your budget will also help you decide which type will purchase.
Many products in the market will have varying priced items that range from less expensive to a great deal more in cost. Often more pricey items will have more coverage due to their larger size. If you do not need coverage for a large area, you do not have to consider the more costly dehumidifiers.
So now that you have determined you need a dehumidifier for car interior, you need to choose which one. Some things to look for when making your choice are:
- How long the product will last
- If it comes with a warranty for manufacturer’s defects
- How it needs to dry out or recharge
By doing some thorough research, you are sure to sort through all of the many car dehumidifier bag products and 12v car dehumidifier items out there and make the right decision based on your specific needs and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are car dehumidifiers any good?
When exploring products for moisture remover for cars, the choices can vary. They have been proven to stop mold and mildew buildup and combat any musty smells. Using silica gel technology, they are extremely moisture-absorbing dehumidifiers to give the results you are looking for.
Where should I put my dehumidifier in my car?
You can leave your dehumidifier for cars anywhere you need. Many individuals will place them on the dash to help the window condensation, while others will place them under the seat to keep away musty smells from the floor carpet.
How do I dehumidify my car in the winter?
By placing a dehumidifier in the car overnight, you can avoid any condensation on the inside windows each morning. Moisture absorbing bags and other silica gel dehumidifiers can keep any moisture away in the winter.
After exploring these 5 popular car dehumidifiers, the choice for the best product comes down to ease of use and price. The Atemto Charcoal Bag is, by far, the best moisture absorber for cars, is very affordable and easy to throw in your vehicle to combat excess moisture.
There is no need to worry about leaving it plugged in too long to a power source for recharging, which can cause issues with the item. It is also a natural deodorizer, as well as a moisture absorber. For the best way to combat moisture and tackle smells, this car dehumidifier is hassle-free.
Check Out Our More Guides:
- Best Dehumidifier for Cars in 2021
- The Benefits of Using a Dehumidifier for Your Car
- Which Types of Car Dehumidifiers Work Best?
- Things to Look for When Choosing a Dehumidifier
- Frequently Asked Questions