Having a humidifier in your home has many advantages for your respiratory system and your skin condition. But when it comes to hard water, choosing the best humidifier can be a little tricky. Hard water contains calcium and magnesium.
Best Humidifier For Hard Water
- Honeywell Easy to Care Cool Mist Humidifier (Editor’s Choice)
- Vicks 1-Gallon Warm Mist Humidifier
- TTLIFE Ultrasonic Humidifiers For Large Room
Best Humidifiers For Hard Water Without White Dust
1. Honeywell Easy to Care Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier, HCM-710
The main advantage of this evaporative humidifier is the wicking filter. The filter works with hard water containing minerals.
The best thing about this device is how many settings options there are. You can adjust the volume and the humidity level in the air you prefer. If you are one of those people, who finds the sound of a humidifier relaxing, you will enjoy this one.
The water tank is pretty decent, and the illuminated window makes it easy to detect the water level. The Honeywell Easy to Care Humidifier is affordable and has fine features. It is a machine worth your attention.
But if you wish to find evaporative humidifiers for your business, this might not be a great choice. It is only suitable for personal use. Those people who prefer cool mist humidifiers will love it.
- Wicking filter – Captures all the minerals, preventing the dispersing of white dust
- Easy to fill and use – The bright water window shows the amount of remaining water
- Coverage area – up to 600 square feet
- Many settings options – There are three-speed settings for cool mist humidifier to help you to manage the moisture and sound levels
- The tank size – Provides you with 36 hours without having to refill the water
- Often cleaning – Wicking filter requires cleaning once a week
- Bright light – There is no option to turn the light off
- Not-suitable for every room or entire home – Works for mid-size rooms only
2. Vicks 1-Gallon Tank Warm Mist Humidifier – Best Humidifier For Without White Dust
To maintain a comfortable level of humidity, this Vicks Humidifier works with hard water by heating the water to steam. In this way, it removes the minerals and disperses the warm mist into the air.
Even though it is easy to clean, you will have to rinse it often for proper performance. You don’t have to use distilled water. Tap water will work fine, but you will have to refill often.
Because this humidifier is lightweight and has a nice design, it will fit into every space in your home. With this Humidifier, you get the best value for your money. This humidifier works without any issues. It is affordable and covers large spaces.
- Medicine cup option – For treating cough and other respiratory problems
- Easy to clean and refill – It has no filter like other humidifiers
- Quiet humidifier – Despite being a warm mist, it doesn’t disturb while sleeping.
- Removes 95 percent bacteria – With a medicated cup for vapors, it can destroy a large number of bacteria
- Lightweight – Humidifier with weight only 5 pounds
- Mist output – 2 settings for ideal comfort
- Works 12 hours – 1 gallon tank
- You must clean it often – Because it has no filter that contains the minerals
- Leaking problems – Some customers reported water leaking from the tank after refill
3. TTLIFE Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier For Large Rooms 750 Square Feet
This TTLIFE Ultrasonic Humidifier works with hard water without issues. It has a large tank and powerful engine so it can operate in large spaces for 40 hours without any problem. You can set the cool mist to meet your humidity desired level as well as the warm mist. But the readings on the screen may not be the best because of the sensor placement.
It wins the best features category for those dealing with hard water, but it is up there in price. This humidifier doesn’t need distilled water for proper functioning. Even though this Ultrasonic Humidifier appears to be easier to use and has an option for both mist, it is much more expensive.
Yet for the price you are paying, the humidifier should be accurate in detecting the humidity levels in every room. If that doesn’t annoy you, and you decide to get it, the performance won’t disappoint you.
- Large tank – 5.5 liter or 1.45 gallon tank
- Two options for the mist – Warm and germ free cool mist Humidifier
- Technology features – Remote control and option for timing up
- Extra features – Aromatherapy oils
- Area – 750 Square Feet
- Whisper Quiet Customized Humidity
- Reduce white dust
- Steam Vaporizer air humidifier with Essential Oil and Remote
- A complex system of refill – Some users find it hard to understand the manual
- Noisy alarm for a refill – Keeps beeping for 15 minutes when detecting empty tank
- Sensor placement – Too close to the unit
How to choose a suitable humidifier for hard water
Before we start, you should know that using a regular humidifier is never a good idea. It may result in white dust dispersing into your room. The white dust in the mist contains the minerals and some metal deposits from the side of the machine.
Before you buy your humidifier, there are few things to keep in mind. Luckily, we are here to help you with the decision. Here’s a list of the things you should consider before buying your cool new humidifier with preferable mist.
To help you choose the best humidifier, we have reviewed some of the best devices on the market, covering mist preferences, tank, capacity, suitable space, and price.
Of course, you should be aware of the water you will use in the humidifier tank so make sure to gather the necessary information. Some states have hard water, which is not harmful to drink. Yet, if the minerals get into the air from the humidifier, they can have some negative consequences on your lungs. Young children and infants are especially prone to those illnesses.
Some type of humidifier run with all kinds of water, but some may need demineralized water. The others will break down after using hard water.
How big is your home or office space? You can adjust most of the humidifiers to work in almost every room. Yet, some of them can disperse the mist only in the smaller rooms, such as bedrooms or nurseries.
Humidifiers provide warm or cool mist or both. A warm mist humidifier reduces bacteria from the air and offers higher levels of moisture. But these humidifiers are noisier. On the other side, the cool mist humidifiers use filters to reduce pollutants.
Cool mist also relieves dry air—something we all need during the winter. The warm mist humidifier is very helpful for treating a cough. Here is a recent buyer’s guide best humidifier for cough relief. Which one meets your needs?
Your humidifier needs proper maintenance despite the water you use. Keep in mind that you should always use cool water. Are you willing to clean it often? Pay attention to the water you use, especially if it is a humidifier with a filter.
The frequency of changing the filter in the humidifier is different. It depends on the machine. Remember, you must do it from time to time to make sure that your device will last longer. If you don’t follow the guidelines, mold can harm your humidifier and your health as well.
To help you pick the best humidifier for hard water, we have reviewed some of them suitable for hard tap water, including both warm & cool mist options. None of the three analyzed humidifiers will leave you with white dust of water minerals, and none requires distilled water for proper use. The first two humidifiers need regular cleaning. However, even though the TTLIFE Ultrasonic Humidifiers For Large Room is easier to use and has an option for both mist, it is much more expensive. Moreover, for the price you are paying, the humidifier should be accurate in detecting the level of humidity in every room.
The Vicks 1-Gallon Warm Mist Humidifier wins the best value category. On the plus side, the cleaning is simple because it doesn’t have a filter. It is easy to use and set, so you don’t have to worry like with the Ultrasonic one. If you get used to regular maintenance and refilling after 12 hours, this will be your best choice.